Today was a fairly typical Saturday for me, and since I have some time to blog about it I figured I might as well.
This morning Bill had a leadership meeting at our church (he's the Media Coordinator), and it turned into nearly an all-day affair! The meeting itself lasted like 2 hours, and after that he drove a friend home then went to another friend's house to help them move a little furniture around. After yakking there for a while, a lady from our church called him for help with her furnace since she had no heat. He stopped by her house and helped with that situation, then finally made it home around 3pm.
I spent the morning (well, late morning that is) doing the usual 3 loads of laundry for the week and working on some homework. I completed the remainder of my assignment for Discipleship class, and then in the afternoon got my reading done for Studies in Paul. This week we're studying the letter to the Philippians, so the assignment was to read Philippians and then a chapter in the commentary about it. I'm definitely looking forward to the lecture on it this week, as the professor seems to be quite good at finding the deeper meaning within the text.
Meanwhile, somebody from DirecTV was supposed to come between 12pm and 4pm to upgrade our satellite TV service. Last weekend we negotiated a deal with them to essentially upgrade us to high-definition for nearly free, including a new HD dish and an HD receiver for our new TV in the living room. Since we've been their customer for just over 2 years (hard to believe we've lived in Findlay for that long!) we were able to negotiate all that, since we could leave and go to their competitor with no penalties now that our 2-year contract ran out. So, 4pm rolls around and still no sign of anyone from DirecTV! Bill calls them, and after being on hold for a while we discover that they were trying to call our defunct home phone number... which Bill told 2 different people to change to his cell number last weekend when we set this all up. Hence, no one showed up! But once that got figured out they contacted the local place to send someone over, which they did. The guy is still here, currently putting the new dish on the roof, having settled a miscommunication that we already had a HD dish (which Bill told them last weekend that we did not). So after this, we'll get some channels in high definition, and we also upgraded our channel package too - I'm excited to get the Science Channel and Planet Green, and Bill's thrilled about the DIY network!
Also, this morning our friend Melody called, saying she and the kids would be coming to Findlay this evening for a get-together at her co-worker's house and asked if they could drop by. We haven't seen them for a while, so we said sure! Naturally it ended up that they were here while the DirecTV guy was here, but it was all ok since they weren't staying too long. 3-year-old Abi liked looking at my frogs again, and 8-month-old Grant just woke up from his nap so he was pretty much just zoned out and staring off into space most of the time.
So up until an hour or so ago it was a typical Saturday of laundry and homework for me, but fortunately my homework load isn't too heavy this weekend so I can take the evening off tonight. The only thing left on my homework to-do list is Hebrew, which I'll do tomorrow afternoon. Not sure what Bill and I will do tonight, though; I guess we'll figure that out when we get there! :-)
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Stay warm Katie, I cant believe how cold you and your mom has it there , send some of your coolness over to Australia if you want .
It was your 110 here last Wednesday and Thursday . Too hot .
Pat
Enjoying it cooler here today
Post a Comment