Saturday, January 10, 2009

Random Stuff of Life

I have a few random things to post about, so rather than making a few posts I thought I'd combine them into one...

1) Snow!
It's finally winter here, with our first real snowfall of the year!  We had gotten dustings before, but this is the first measurable snow.  Yesterday during the afternoon we got about 4", and another couple inches overnight.  It was still snowing a bit more this morning, but I think we're only supposed to get another 1-2" today.  I'm glad a few nights ago we put the cab on the snow blower so Bill could plow out the sidewalks on our entire block. :-)

2) Published professor
One of my seminary professors, Dr. Brandon Withrow, had an article written about him in the Toledo Blade today - click here to read it.  The article gives a general overview of the lecture he gave at the Theological Summit this past Tuesday.  It's kind of odd that they refer to him as "Mr." Withrow instead of Dr., but oh well.

3) Paper #1 of the term
I'm spending the afternoon today writing my reflection paper on Tuesday's Theological Summit.  It's technically not due until Tuesday January 20, but I want to get it done early since regular classes start this coming week.  And it's usually easiest to write when it's a little fresher in my brain, although this is going to be the toughest one I've done yet because of the lack of new content (in my opinion) presented at the Summit.  But at any rate my goal for today is to get it done.

4) Today's goals
Also today I have two goals beside the paper: laundry (as usual), and taking down our Christmas tree and decorations which are still up.  I hadn't done them yet because I really want Bill's help (it goes much faster and easier, and is more fun!) and he worked late a few evenings last week.

5) Wall-E
Last night Bill and I rented and watched the movie Wall-E.  I had heard tons of great things about it, so I was psyched for a great movie experience!  But we both thought it was a let down.  Bill kept commenting throughout the movie that it was very odd.  While it is set in a different world, so to speak, it definitely had a lot to say about our culture, both regarding its laziness and wastefulness.  I definitely appreciated the "green" message it had, with a mildly entertaining story.  It was sort of hard to follow the plot and understand the point of the story (besides being environmental) so we were both rather disappointed in it.


I think that's all of my random thoughts for now... I think it's either time to get back to writing my paper, or else time for lunch.

No comments: