As of around 8am this morning, we're under a Level 2 Weather Advisory, which means, "Roadways are extremely hazardous with blowing and drifting snow and/or flooding. Only those who feel it necessary to travel should be on the roadways." I've heard talk that they may upgrade it to a Level 3 sometime today, since it's supposed to keep snowing basically all day, but we'll see. My class tonight has officially been changed to an online chat instead of an in-person meeting because of the weather.
According to the local paper's website, we've officially received 6.3" of snow during this storm, with most of that coming after midnight last night. It's still coming down too, so that number is still going up!
A few more coworkers have trickled in to the office, including the secretary which surprised me. But one guy, Bruce, had to leave to go get his son out of a ditch. Almost 2 weeks ago while Bruce was traveling for work, both of his sons drove their cars into ditches in one day! One's car was technically considered totaled even though there wasn't much damage, and I believe the other's was fixed... and that's the one who went into a ditch again today! Fortunately no one was hurt in any of the instances.
Since Bill didn't go to work today, this morning he was going to meet up with our friend Brandon and see if they could earn some money snow blowing people's driveways. It's kind of like fighting a losing battle still at this point with the snow coming down, but hopefully they're making some progress and helping people out.
For the moment, I'm still at work. There was talk of everyone being sent home if it becomes a Level 3 here, but we'll see. As much as I'd like an afternoon off, I don't have much vacation time to use for it so I'd prefer to stay at work, but we'll see how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment