Today as I was leaving work, it felt like something was driving a bit funny with Tweety as I went up the hill from the parking lot. The secretary happened to be coming out of the office then, and she asked if I knew I had a flat tire! Nope, I didn't, but it turns out my right rear tire was flat!
I drove the 3 miles home on it, consulted with Bill, then pumped it up with the air compressor. After it only lost 5 psi after 10 minutes, I drove it up to Sears. They hoped it could be fixed (for $18), but if not then I'd need a new tire. Fortunately I'd only need one new tire rather than two, since they only have just over 5000 miles on them.
Since Bill was in the area and could take his dinner break from training at Lowe's, we met for dinner at the Coney Island restaurant at the mall (we had our usual coneys & fries). Sears called my cell while we were there, and they said there's good news and bad news... the good news is that the tire was repairable!
The bad news is that they broke the fancy valve stem with the tire pressure sensor in it. Since it was their mistake, they'll fix it at no additional charge once they get the part. If the local dealer has it, they could fix it as soon as tomorrow. The catch, however, is that my car needs to go back there... and I need to go to work tomorrow. So if Bill gets off work early like it sounds like he will (since he's going in earlier), we might be able to get it fixed tomorrow evening, otherwise I'll have to take it up there on Satruday. Just what I wanted to do in my free time.
I'm just glad this didn't happen on a night when I was in school! On a typical Thursday, I'd have Hebrew (or soon to be Greek) reading group right after work, followed immediately by class. So at least I didn't have anything like that going on... just errands and a bunch of stuff to do at home that probably won't get done.
So now I'm off to try and accomplish something productive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment