Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Life in General

Since I haven't posted on here for a few days, I figured I ought to keep my fans (or whatever you readers are) updated.

This week at work has been pretty low-key.  I've been working endlessly on cable and conduit schedules for a very large ($25+ million) terminal.  Needless to say, there are a lot of cables and a lot of conduits!  It's pretty tedious but I'm so detail oriented it's even bordering on fun! :-)

Bill started working on the sales floor at Lowe's this week, shadowing his department head.  So far he really seems to be enjoying it, except for one thing... his feet are killing him!  He's not used to being up and around and walking on them so much.  Last night we got him outfitted with some heavy duty insoles for his shoes, new socks, and moleskin to help the blisters he's already gotten.  He's gotten to do all sorts of things, from cash register to pushing carts from the parking lot to actually helping customers.  Today he said he had to go up and down ladders quite a bit to put stuff up on the high storage and bring stuff down, so more than his feet was sore today!

No news yet on his other job (the startup company that does waste oil furnaces and geothermal).  Last I heard the guys hadn't called him back to schedule anything, and he hadn't contacted them either.

As for me, I've spent my evenings being somewhat productive.  Monday I did a whole bunch of cleaning up and organizing in my office, mainly to empty out my old milk crate storage and fill up the Tetris shelves, which I did a pretty good job of!  I also have a large black garbage back full of trash from that!  My office is a little better before the Tetris shelves, but I'd still like to get more cleaning and organizing done in the next few weeks.  Last night I spent with Bill, mainly hanging out at home and going to Wal-Mart to get stuff for his feet.  We also got in the hot tub last night, and boy was it hard to get out when it's like 40 degrees outside!  Tonight I ran some really exciting errands - dropped off the recyclables at Litter Landing, got some copies made at Staples for the Greek reading group, did a little browsing at Kohl's while I waited for the copies, and bought more cheesy hot dogs at the one store in town that carries them.  Exciting stuff, eh? :-) And now I'm just chillin' at home until Bill gets home from his church meeting.

No comments: