Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A job well done

This morning I got a compliment from my boss, and just thought I'd share it.

Last fall/winter I worked on a project for Troy Energy in Pemberville, OH.  It was a fairly simple project, but the first one I had tackled somewhat on my own.  The facility already had a truck rack to offload fuel from trucks into their tanks, and the project was to add a loading skid to load fuel from their tanks back into trucks.  Skid design is definitely out of my league (it's mainly piping stuff), but fortunately a lot of that was copying previous projects, and one of our awesome draftsmen here did all of the piping drawings for me.  My main concern was the electrical - powering the new pump and skid equipment, and getting the necessary signals back to Troy Energy's existing systems, but I also made sure the rest of it was moving along as it should.

This morning my boss received an email from our contact at Troy Energy.  He had chosen a contractor to do the work and gave them the drawings.  Their (joking) response was, what color should it be painted? :-) We covered all the details so well that everything was clear to them, and they said the drawings were very thorough and they shouldn't have any issues working from them.  Yay! :-)

No comments: