Thursday, April 16, 2009

This is getting annoying

Remember last week how Tweety had a flat tire, but when Sears fixed it they ended up breaking the tire pressure sensor?  They were supposed to call me last Friday or Saturday once they got the part in, so I could take Tweety in and they'd fix it.  Well Friday went by... Saturday went by... and I let it slide until today.  After work I called Sears, and they said yes they had the part and yes they could fix it tonight, and it'd only take about half an hour.

So I go to Sears, and while checking me in the technician (ironically the same one who broke it) got out the part.  She said they may not have everything they need, since it was just the part and not the kit... and 15 minutes later (while I'm standing there waiting) she finally decided that yes, they would be able to fix it.

So I go wander the mall for a while, and when I return they inform me that it's all fixed but in order for it to be calibrated (and the TPMS light on my dash to go off), I have to take it to the Hyundai dealer!  Apparently Sears doesn't have all the tools to do that.  I told them I really don't have time for that since I have a full-time job and they're only open during the day (7:30am-5pm; I work 8am-5pm and it's about a 25 minute drive across town from work to the dealer).  The guy at Sears apologized, but that was it.

In general I'm fairly annoyed at this.  Not only did I have to make a second trip to Sears due to their mistake, but now I have to squeeze in a visit to the Hyundai service department as well!  I guess I'll plan to arrive there at 7:30, hope it's quick, and take a short lunch that day.  That or try and fit it in over my lunch hour one day, which is a possibility but it'd be tight and I may not get to eat.  Sigh... I think I'm sending this one in to the Consumerist!

No comments: