As of today, I am officially done with my Spring 2009 term of seminary! Five terms done, four to go... it's hard for me to believe I've already come this far, and it's bittersweet to think that I'm over halfway done.
Yesterday I was super productive and got my Discipleship paper finished by early afternoon, and emailed it off to my friend Karen, who also happens to be my awesome proofreader. She got her comments back to me this morning, and after church I incorporated them and emailed my last assignments off to the professor! Just a few moments ago I posted my last responses to the online discussion questions, so that was the last of my requirements for the term!
So, this afternoon Bill and I went up to Toledo. We wanted to do some shopping at the Anderson's store and also Bed Bath & Beyond (we were desparately in need of new pillows!), neither of which we have in Findlay. We also needed to stop by our house up there, both to pick up things Bill had left up there for them to finish cleaning up the basement after it flooded a few weeks back and to find a front door key for them. We thought we gave them the key last fall, but when Bill was up there last they said it didn't open the front door, so they haven't been using it all this time! Turns out I did have one still, so we got copies made for them. I got to see parts of the house inside, and they've really done a nice job decorating. It's very modern which is not my style but it really does look great. I'm astounded by the basement, it looks just like a regular room! Bill and I never used it for much of anything, and they've got their son's video games plus a family room down there.
We had dinner at Olga's, yum! Ever since we talked about going to Toledo this weekend, I've so been craving Olga's snackers. We had plenty of them too - we shared a basket of them, and then just had bowls of their cream of broccoli soup, which also comes with a small plate of snackers each! The waitress commented that we were having a snacker party, so I told her we drove all the way from Findlay for these, and she laughed. :-)
Now I'm in that place of transition between school and break - I feel like I should be doing homework, but I don't have any homework to do! It's kinda werid, and hopefully it'll wear off in the next few days as I tackle my list of "April projects" to do during break.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment