I thought about doing my standard weekend recap post either last night or earlier today, but I really don't have that much to write about! But, for my loyal readers, here you go...
Friday night we went to small group Bible study, and it was awesome as usual. I took a cocoa cake (read: most delicious completely homemade chocolate cake ever), and surprisingly we still have a few pieces of it left! I rode my bike the 2 miles over there, since Bill was coming from work. And yes, I rode with the cake - it was in the pan in my backpack, strapped to the back of my bike like I always do with my books when riding to school, and it arrived completely unscathed.
Saturday Bill had to work from 7am-4pm, so by about 8am I was awake-ish. I decided to come in to work for a few hours, since overtime pay is always a nice bonus, I had work to be done, and didn't have much better to do at home. I ended up working 2.5 hours overtime, and I'll probably use half an hour of that to leave a little early this Friday to head up to the Detroit area. After that I went to Wal-Mart and ran into a seminary friend whom I chatted with for a little while (I recruited him and possibly another for our Greek reading group, yay!), then headed home. I spent the afternoon doing laundry and reading (for fun!) on the front porch, with Calli. Calli was thrilled to be outside, and the whole front yard and porch needed a good sniffing! Smokey was lonely inside and kept meowing at the front door, but he was terrified at even the mention of putting a harness on so he had to stay inside.
Once Bill got home from work late afternoon, he mentioned that the lawn needed its first mowing, but his feet are still really sore from working 6 days in a row. I offered to do it (the first time I've ever mowed a lawn in my life!) but since that's one of his duties, we'd make an exchange... he's doing laundry for me next weekend while I'm out of town. :-) After I did a somewhat decent job of mowing, we got some dinner, ran some errands, then enjoyed our new(ish) fire pit in the backyard, followed by some time in the hot tub.
Sunday we went to church as usual, followed by a quiet afternoon. Bill had to pick up his new glasses at Sears, so we went over there which took all of 3 minutes. We did a couple more errands while we were out, then went back home. I made the dough for making cut-out sugar cookies toinght with a friend, since it has to chill for at least an hour. I also worked on cleaning up my office a bit more, and took care of some computer stuff, including finally successfully re-installing Windows XP in Parallels on my Mac! Strangely enough, using a real XP CD bombed 3 times (until I gave up trying), and using a downloaded disk image worked splendidly. Yesterday evening we watched our usual Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, and that was pretty much it!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment