Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving et cetera

Sorry for the blogging silence lately, but life's been keeping me busy these last few days!

Thursday I spent about a grand total of 5 minutes on my computer.  We woke up lazily, did some final Thanksgiving preparations, and cooked dinner for our families.  My parents, my grandma, Bill's mom, and his two sisters joined us for the holiday, and all went very well!  Bill does a great job at cooking the big meal!  This year the menu was ham with orange honey glaze, homemade mashed potatoes, corn casserole, banana bread, and pumpkin bread, and for dessert my mom made a pumpkin cake (with the world's best cream cheese frosting) and Oreo turkeys.

After dinner, Bill's mom slept over and the next morning she and Bill went on their annual shopping trip - starting at 4am!  They had it all mapped out which stores to go to when and all that, and they did pretty well getting everything accomplished.  I met up with them for a brunch at Cafe Marie.

That afternoon Bill and I did our own bit of Black Friday shopping... more on that in the next post. :-)

I've been making good progress on my schoolwork this weekend.  My narrative analysis paper on the transfiguration passage in Luke 9:28-36 has gone much better than I had hoped!  I had a couple good work sessions on it yesterday and today, and I sent it off to my proofreaders early this afternoon.  I did some studying for my Hebrew take home final exam, and then went off to Lima to do some tech support for our good family friends, David and Ardath.  Well actually the help was more for Ardath's 95-year-old mom Marge.  Ardath's sister had brought Marge a new-to-her laptop (PowerBook G4) and she and her hubby failed to get it properly set up and working with Marge's email and such before they left.  I deleted the Mail account they had created, set up a new one, and all was well!  We got everything set up just the way she likes it so she's all good to go.

So now I think it's back to Hebrew for me... well after one more blog post... :-)

No comments: