Last night when I got home from class, I discovered that our Internet was having issues. Everything appeared to be normal, except that when I tried to go to any webpage I got a page from AT&T saying there's a problem with our account, and to call the Customer Service number.
When Bill got home shortly after me, he called them (I couldn't do it since it's in his name). The first person he talked to, after he provided all our info etc, said he couldn't help him and to call a different number! Argh. So Bill tries the other number and can't get through. It wouldn't even put him on hold, it just said sorry try again. A while later he actually gets through, and it was about half an hour beyond that when the Internet was finally working again!
Apparently the issue was that our account was somehow not registered. Over a month ago we dropped our land line, since AT&T finally allows you to have DSL without paying for a regular phone line as well. Our Internet had been working fine since then, but apparently somewhere in that process someone forgot to tell us that you have to register your account. But luckily the customer service guy was able to talk Bill through all the steps to do so last night, though it's still stupid that we had to do this last night in the first place.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment