All of us here at work are getting new computers, and they just arrived today... in fact they're literally being delivered as I write this - I just got a large Dell box in my office! I'm pretty sure that's the tower, and I heard talk of new monitors as well. There was even talk of getting each engineer and draftsman dual flat screens, but I don't know if that ever materialized. I'll probably find out as the day goes on... if I am getting a second monitor, I'll need to clear a little more space on my desk!
It's going to be a bunch of work for our semi-IT guys over the next few days to get 10 users switched over to a new machine and all set up with the right software and such. I really didn't think I needed a new computer since mine was purchased when I started in July 2007, and one of my co-workers has one that's even newer, but they're going to keep ours around to upgrade the secretary and the boss, since they don't do as much that's computer-intensive. I heard that the rest of the computers will be offered to employees fairly cheap... anyone out there want a used Windows computer?
UPDATE, 2:30PM: The official word is no new monitors for those of us who already have a 20" flat screen, just new computers. Mine's still in the box, awaiting further instruction. I haven't heard yet what the plan is to get them all set up with the right software and all that.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment