Sunday, June 8, 2008

Toasty

Well, we're still pretty toasty here! Bill ran out of gas (literally! nitrogen, oxygen, and aceteline) yesterday, and there's no place to buy more from on the weekend so it'll be at least Monday evening until our a/c works.

I was ok with the heat yesterday, because it really wasn't that bad. I spent a lot of the day on the front porch since there was a nice breeze and it's shady and all that. But today, however, it's freakin' hot out! So I'm at an alternate homework location.

I planned to go to Winebrenner and camp out in the student lounge all day, but I got there and the building's locked! There's something big going on at UF today too, because the whole area has massive amounts of cars. So I've ended up at George House, the local college coffee house hangout place. There was only one parking spot when I came by, and I took it!

We're supposed to have Bible study at our house this evening, but I just got through with calling everyone and changing the location to George House. Again, I had figured the Winebrenner lounge would be a great place for it, but that won't work if we can't get in.

Bill's hanging out at a friends' house this afternoon to keep cool, but if I went there I'd be guaranteed to get nothing done with their 3 kids around. So I'm at the coffee house using the free wireless internet and enjoying a/c for once in my life! It's just too bad I don't drink coffee, I hear it's good here... :-)

No comments: