Thursday, June 12, 2008

School Update

This term is still kicking my butt! I feel like I've spent every spare moment doing homework, especially the past week or two. The amount of reading required for my courses is absolutely insane. One course with this much work would be ok; two is difficult! Plus my other course still has papers and stuff due, even though the class meetings finished in May.

But, I'm still keeping on top of things as per my usual. Over the past week I've completed all four of my book reports for Church in Mission class, which aren't actually due til July 1. I really just wanted to be done with them and not have them hanging over my head! The next big assignment on my plate is to write my interview report for Worldview class. Last week I called and chatted with my mom's (and now my) friend Rochelle about her view of the world, religion, etc. The paper only needs to be 3-5 pages, which feels like almost nothing for me, with all the papers I've written lately!

And then there's the weekly work load... Medieval and Reformation Spirituality and Worldview both have a ton of reading, and most of it is not easy reading either! Some of it gets either pretty dull or pretty intellectual or something along those lines. I feel like a really slow reader, because it does take me a while to get through all of it. This week's Worldview reading was tough, and I'll admit I didn't quite finish it all; I just couldn't get through one book! I have the online chat for that class tomorrow morning, so hopefully I'll be knowledgeable enough to get through that.

I just need to keep reminding myself that it's about the experience more than the grades. Yeah it's great to get A's, but if I get a B, so what? Nobody will ask for my GPA when I'm serving in ministry, and if they do ask they really shouldn't care because the ability to lead and minister to others isn't something you can read in a book.

So I'm still keeping up with things so far, but I'm really dreading the month of July... within about the last 2 weeks, I have 5 big papers or projects due! That is totally gonna kick my butt. I will have paid vacation time from work by then however, so if worst comes to worst I may just use a day of it! Or I'll just not wear myself out trying, and just settle for some B's. :-)

No comments: