Thursday, December 4, 2008

New eyeballs

Last night after work I went to the eye doctor, and my prescription did change slightly since the last time I got my eyes checked 2 1/2 years ago.  My previous contacts were -7.00 for my right eye and -5.75 for my left eye.  The new prescription is -6.50 for my right eye and -5.50 for my left eye.  He gave me a pair with the new prescription last night, so I'm already wearing them - that's a nice feature of contacts, I don't need to wait a few days to get them like I always did with glasses!

The eye doctor said that the prescription being slightly off like that was very likely a major contributor to my headaches.  With the old lenses, I was focusing wrong... like if I was trying to focus on an object 12" away, my focus was really 18" away thus causing my brain to work harder at seeing it clearly.  This problem has been amplified even more by the fact that I spend a good portion of my work day doing technical drafting.  The doctor said to let him know if the headaches don't lessen in the next couple weeks and he'll see if there might be some further prescription tweaking we can do, or else I might need to use reading glasses when working at the computer for extended periods.

So far, so good... we'll see what happens! (yes, pun intended :-)

No comments: