Tonight when I got home and checked the mail I found a surprise - 2 letters from Noumou, my sponsored child in Sierra Leone, Africa! I'm not sure why I got two of them, they both sound like introductory sort of letters, and I hadn't written to her yet. It was her mother that actually wrote them since Noumou is only 6 years old. Even though the national language of Sierra Leone is English so far Noumou has only learned their tribe's language.
In the letters her mom told me all about daily life for them and the area they live in, it was quite interesting. Each letter takes up most of the front and back of a sheet of notebook paper! I can't wait to write back and tell her about my life, and send her a picture or two also.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment