Monday, December 22, 2008

Another Christmas task completed

Tonight I completed my annual family calendar project.  I started this a long time ago - maybe 10 years? - and it was such a big hit I've continued it ever since.

One year I thought it would be fun to make a calendar for my mom, aunt, and grandma with pictures of me, my brother, and my cousins.  So I secretly rounded up 12 pictures and made a calendar for the following year with one of us on each month.  It was a huge hit, and it's been requested every year since then, though I think by now it's a given that I'll do the annual calendar!

It has now expanded as the family has, of course, to include all of our spouses and my cousin's son.  But it's still the same concept as before - one picture per month.  If possible I usually try to put each person on their birthday month, which works some of the time.  It's always fun to go through pictures from the previous year and choose which ones will make the calendar, and it's neat to see those pictures every month over the course of the next year too.  Which pictures make the calendar stays a surprise to everyone else until Christmas, so if you were hoping to see a link to the calendar on here, no luck yet!  I'm not sure if I can even post it in any way after Christmas.  I have the file saved as a PDF but I'm not sure how to get it uploaded to someplace I can link to here.  If anyone has a tip on that, leave a comment and after December 25 I'll see what I can do to post it. :-)

No comments: