Thursday, December 4, 2008

A little help from my friends

I won the Hearts game at lunch today, with a little help from the guys for once!  Some of it was intentional help, and I'm pretty sure some of it wasn't!  I started out the first hand taking -10 points, thanks to Mike letting me take a diamond trick with my 10.  I scored a couple points here and there but always remained below zero, and for about the last 3 hands I had -16 and the next lowest person had 8!  Bruce was helping me out for most of the game, but on the last hand he gave me a terrible pass and tried to take me down!  I did end up taking 11 points, but I hung on to my lead and won it.  This is my 15th win for the year, which is decent considering I only play maybe once or twice most weeks.  I think the #1 person has 24 or 25 wins now, so I'm definitely way out of contention for being the 2008 Hearts Champion!

No comments: