I got a call from the Hyundai dealership in the Columbus area late this morning, and it sounds like I'm finally getting a car! And, it's the one with the premium package, with power windows and locks and all that! The car is coming from Charleston, West Virginia, so by the time they send a driver to go get it, it won't arrive in Columbus until 8:30 or 9:00 tonight. That's definitely later than we'd like to start the paperwork, so we're going to hold off on going down there until Thursday evening. That way they can also add cruise control for me, since not even the premium package on this model of Accent comes with that. And it gives our friends Brian and Melody a little longer to work on their financing of the Prius.
When the sales manager told me about this car, I asked what kind of guarantee he could give me that it actually would be sold to me. He faxed me a copy of the invoice, and told me that since this car is being driven to his dealership specifically for me, no one else will buy it. I really hope that comes true, or I will have lost all faith in car dealerships in general!
No word yet on price for this model, apparently they're working on that. I asked right before lunch, and I mentioned how at the Findlay dealer there was $400 difference between the packages. I'm glad I had done that research, because I wouldn't want them to take advantage of me on price now that they know they have the sale.
So, all systems are go for Thursday evening as of now...
When the sales manager told me about this car, I asked what kind of guarantee he could give me that it actually would be sold to me. He faxed me a copy of the invoice, and told me that since this car is being driven to his dealership specifically for me, no one else will buy it. I really hope that comes true, or I will have lost all faith in car dealerships in general!
No word yet on price for this model, apparently they're working on that. I asked right before lunch, and I mentioned how at the Findlay dealer there was $400 difference between the packages. I'm glad I had done that research, because I wouldn't want them to take advantage of me on price now that they know they have the sale.
So, all systems are go for Thursday evening as of now...



No comments:
Post a Comment