Monday, August 4, 2008

Light at the end of the tunnel

It looks like this whole new car issue is finally coming to a close!  This afternoon I got a call from the lady at the dealership in Dublin, OH (near Columbus) where Bill found the yellow Accent available last week.  She's wrapping up some final details so that we can do the transaction there tomorrow evening.  Unfortunately she could not find a yellow one with the premium option package (power windows & locks), but they are installing cruise control for me tomorrow afternoon - it's not standard on any package for this body style for whatever reason, so of course it costs extra but I won't drive without it.

So it looks like cleaning out my stuff from the Prius is definitely on my to do list this evening!  I also need to gather all the necessary paperwork to take along tomorrow - insurance, registration, etc.  So tomorrow evening I'll drive to Dublin in the Prius and Melody will drive there in her Malibu; I'll come home in the Accent, and Melody will go home in the Prius.  If we weren't doing the pass through sale with the dealership we wouldn't even need to take the Prius down there, but they need to see it so they can technically have possession of it for a few moments.

I'll be sure to post pictures of my new "baby" either tomorrow night or Wednesday. :-)

No comments: