Sunday, August 17, 2008

Music in the Park

Bill and I went up to Waterville, OH, to attend their Music in the Park tonight with some of our friends, and to see our friend Scott perform with his band Skoobie Snaks.  It turns out their guitar player just moved to Arizona, so this is their band's second-to-last performance!

They played a variety of music, though all I kept thing the whole time was that ApologetiX (a Christian parody band) has a parody of almost every song they played!  They did a bunch of oldies and some country songs, and overall were very good.  The coolest part in my opinion is that Jalen, Scott's almost 6-year-old son who's legally blind, was rockin' on the bongo drums!  He's a totally awesome musician, he even has perfect pitch.  He's been playing the piano since he was old enough to sit up, and he's picked up drums in the last few years as well.

It was a beautiful night to hang out in the park with our friends!  Brian and Melody and their kids 3-year-old Abi and 3-month-old Grant came, and we all had pizza for dinner.  And naturally we played with Abi on the swings quite a bit!  It was great to see Michelle, Scott's wife, too - she's 39 weeks pregnant and they're going to induce on Wednesday!  I told her tomorrow would be a much better day to have a kid since it's my birthday, but she said the doctor's schedule worked better for Wednesday.  They know they're having a boy, and his name is going to be Eli Daniel.  They're really excited, although I'm sure it'll be tough for 6-year-old Jalen having a little brother around when he's been the only child!

Anyhow, I'm just finishing up making brownies for work now.  The tradition is that you bring a treat in on your birthday, so I figured brownies would be good - the guys will eat pretty much anything, and brownies are nice and easy!

No comments: