I've spent the majority of this weekend doing homework, and I have made good progress on stuff.
For Spiritual Formation class, I'm supposed to read about 200 pages of the Confessions of St. Augustine. I got most of the way through it, but I still have like 40 pages to go. Parts of it are remotely interesting, but a lot of it is rather dry if you ask me. I'm not sure what the point of reading it is, since this isn't a history class; all I can figure is that we're supposed to learn about Augustine's journey of spiritual formation.
I've done a bunch of work on Hebrew this weekend, and that has been fun! At first I was a bit apprehensive about that class and had a little difficulty distinguishing the different letters, but luckily I had my "Aha!" moment the day after the first class, so it's made good sense to me since then. We're looking at the Creation narrative of Genesis 1, and so far we've gone through the first 2 days (through Genesis 1:8). We're going to do Day 3 in class on Tuesday. Last week the prof recommended that we attempt to memorize the verses to help us learn them... so I did. I started memorizing them last night, and by tonight I can easily recite Genesis 1:1-8 in Hebrew. :-) I love languages!
I originally hoped to get some reading for Spirituality in Luke done this weekend as well but so far I haven't gotten there yet, and at this point I don't know that I will.
Tomorrow evening I have a spiritual direction session with my spiritual formation prof. I'm not really sure what that will entail, but it's part of the class so I'm doing it. It's a chance to get spiritually directed (duh!), which I guess means discuss my spiritual situation with him? I guess I'll find out tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment