It's quite a morning for the city of Findlay -- Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin is coming for a rally at UF! Check out the local paper's webpage for the "developing story" this morning. It's definitely a bigger deal than when Senator Biden came through town!
Basically, they gave out 10,000 tickets over the last couple days and only have 6,000 seats! Apparently they're letting up to 8,000 people in, but there will be a lot of them standing through the whole thing. The rally was supposed to start at 9am, but at that point the motorcade was still in Toledo so they expect her to arrive around 10am and leave by 11am.
People were allowed to start lining up outside the Koehler Center at 4:30am this morning! Two of my co-workers and one of my friends from seminary are all there, but I'm pretty sure none of them were up that early! My friend said she had her roommates lined up to periodically bring her coffee. The doors were supposed to open at 7am I think.
I would have loved to go to it to hear Palin speak, but I really didn't want to take vacation time from work for it... or stand outside in the cold for a few hours!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment