Tuesday, October 21, 2008

On the spot

Note: I just want to say up front that this is not intended to be a brag post, but rather an "I know this is something my parents would like to hear" post.

Remember how last weekend I wrote that I was memorizing the beginning of Genesis 1 in Hebrew?  Well tonight at the end of Hebrew class, the prof asked if anyone had memorized any of it.  I raised my hand, since I did... little did I know that his next words would be, "OK, tell us what you've memorized!"  Yikes!  I wasn't mentally prepared to recite on the spot, so I only got through the first 5 verses before I quit.  I memorized through verse 8 but wasn't as confident on those last 3 verses (Day 2 of Creation).  After just the 5 verses I got a round of applause from the class... and 15 minutes after that I was finally able to stop shaking from the nervousness of being put on the spot like that!

By next Tuesday I hope to have memorized through verse 13, and I will be prepared to recite in class if necessary!

1 comment:

Bill said...

WOW! Very good!! You do have a knack for languages! Very good!!!
Love, Dad