It was a unique game of hearts at work today, and I unintentionally ended up winning! I started out with a really bad hand and got up to 58 points by halfway through the game. I took a only 10 of diamonds one hand, which set me back to 48 points. We were playing single deck today, so we joked that if somebody else ran hearts twice (giving me 26 points each time), I'd hit 100 and go back to 0! And wouldn't you know it, they did! Bruce ran them once, getting me up to 74. The very next hand, Stan ran them and sent me back to 0! After that it was time for the last hand, and my nearest competitor was at 34 points. But I took 2 points early on, and since Mike was at 88 points he could have hit 100 and gone back to 0, which would make him the winner. He came close and ended up scoring 14 points giving him 102, so I won! It was a very odd game indeed, but I'm up to 14 wins for the year now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment