Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Gonna be a long one

I think tonight is going to be a long evening!  Right after work I'm headed to school for a potluck/picnic, which includes a Q&A session about the new class schedule which I alluded to here.  I'll post more about how that went, the new schedule, etc sometime after this thing tonight, because I'm hoping to get some answers as to how they can help me continue my current schedule and such.  So the potluck/picnic thing technically starts at 4:30, but I'm not going to get there until shortly after I get off work.  Supposedly there'll be hot dogs and beverages provided, plus hand-cranked ice cream from the academic dean, and then everyone's supposed to bring a side or dessert to share.  There's a pan of frosted brownies sitting out in my car that I'm taking, as long as they're not mush by then!  I did leave the windows down.  I figured they're safer out there than in the office with me... I'm sure the guys would sniff them out!!

Anyhow, the potluck will go right up until class time at 6pm.  And then I have to sit through 3 hours of lecture for Medieval and Reformation Spirituality... it makes me a bit drowsy just thinking about it!  The professor is extremely knowledgeable, but his lectures leave a bit to be desired.  He's a total academic - always been a student and/or teacher - and doesn't have many interesting stories or whatever to add.  Last class I was entertained by my friend Jonathan attempting to open a pack of peanut M&M's quietly (which is nearly impossible), and then trying not to have them roll around the table whenever he grabbed one... I ate the ones that rolled over to me!

All that wouldn't be so bad, except Sunday night was one of those nights where I just couldn't fall asleep.  I was up til about 1:30am I think.  Last night I was asleep around my normal time, but a lack of sleep like Sunday night's always hits me on the 2nd day... which would be today.  I have a headache this afternoon as well, but hopefully that'll be gone soon thanks to Excedrin!

No comments: