Over the last 2 days, I decided that yes I do want to purchase the yellow Hyundai Accent without power locks and windows. I was getting excited about it, and making arrangements to see when we could do the deal. I had talked to our salesman on Monday evening and he said the one we test drove was still available at their Lima location, and at that point I said I was interested but would let him know for sure in the next day or two. Now I realize what an idiot I was for needing time to make up my mind!
They sold the car... and not to me.
Either (a) I got misinformation Monday evening, or (b) a sale happened really fast. Interestingly, they couldn't tell me when it sold. And, naturally, I was told that they cannot find me another one because they're just so hard to find.
So what's Plan B? That's a good question. Earlier in the week Bill found 2 yellow Accents on cars.com, one in Muncie, IN, and the other in Radcliff, KY, I think it was. At that point I asked our salesman if there was a way he could obtain either of those cars for us, and that's when he responded by saying they're the same as the one in Lima, with the lesser options package. The one in Muncie is overpriced (it's slightly used with 1900 miles and is listed for $1000 more than a new one), but the one in Kentucky is the same price as what the dealer quoted me. So I asked again whether our dealer in Findlay could obtain this car for me... no answer yet.
There's two things that really perturb me about this whole situation. First, I'm really annoyed at myself for not deciding faster, and now I've screwed up everything not only for us but for our friends who are waiting on my Prius. Second, why didn't they tell me when the car I wanted got sold? He knew I was considering it after our conversation on Monday, and I emailed him last night to ask what to do about setting up final paperwork, and he's told me before that he gets email right away because it goes to his cell phone. But did he contact me in any way? No. I called the dealership over lunch, and didn't even get to talk to him because apparently he's been with customers all morning (I talked to his associate who's been helping with my Accent search)... I don't know much about the car business, but I'd be surprised if he had customers lined up for him since the moment he walked in the door this morning!
So overall I'm just really frustrated right now, and according to the dealership my situation is hopeless. I'm seriously debating just telling them to find me an Accent regardless of color, because I'm the one who waited too long and I should just deal with it.
They sold the car... and not to me.
Either (a) I got misinformation Monday evening, or (b) a sale happened really fast. Interestingly, they couldn't tell me when it sold. And, naturally, I was told that they cannot find me another one because they're just so hard to find.
So what's Plan B? That's a good question. Earlier in the week Bill found 2 yellow Accents on cars.com, one in Muncie, IN, and the other in Radcliff, KY, I think it was. At that point I asked our salesman if there was a way he could obtain either of those cars for us, and that's when he responded by saying they're the same as the one in Lima, with the lesser options package. The one in Muncie is overpriced (it's slightly used with 1900 miles and is listed for $1000 more than a new one), but the one in Kentucky is the same price as what the dealer quoted me. So I asked again whether our dealer in Findlay could obtain this car for me... no answer yet.
There's two things that really perturb me about this whole situation. First, I'm really annoyed at myself for not deciding faster, and now I've screwed up everything not only for us but for our friends who are waiting on my Prius. Second, why didn't they tell me when the car I wanted got sold? He knew I was considering it after our conversation on Monday, and I emailed him last night to ask what to do about setting up final paperwork, and he's told me before that he gets email right away because it goes to his cell phone. But did he contact me in any way? No. I called the dealership over lunch, and didn't even get to talk to him because apparently he's been with customers all morning (I talked to his associate who's been helping with my Accent search)... I don't know much about the car business, but I'd be surprised if he had customers lined up for him since the moment he walked in the door this morning!
So overall I'm just really frustrated right now, and according to the dealership my situation is hopeless. I'm seriously debating just telling them to find me an Accent regardless of color, because I'm the one who waited too long and I should just deal with it.



No comments:
Post a Comment