Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mexican Sandwich

For some reason last night I was really hungry for Mexican food!  So after my workout after work, I stopped by Maria's Tacos, a small local Mexican place.  They have the usual tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, etc, but I also found something that intrigued me: they call it a Mexican sandwich.

It's a layered thing with 3 tortillas, and you really can't pick it up and eat it like a sandwich, so they must call it that because of the layers.  There's a tortilla on the bottom, then a layer of beans, another tortilla, a layer of rice, the third tortilla, and on top is your choice of meat (I got chicken) and melted cheese.  Even though I'm really not a fan of refried beans, when you mix all this stuff together it's actually quite good!  Plus the thing is rather large, so I ate half of it last night and will enjoy the other half sometime soon.

Just thought I'd share that random thought... can you tell it's getting close to lunch time and my mind is wandering toward food??  I'm staying at work to play cards and eat a cheeseburger today though, one of the guys from work is going to a local burger place for food, and I can't resist a good burger, even if the alternative is a Mexican sandwich! :-)

No comments: