I know I'm really late with my weekend recap this week, but it was a busy day at work today. I had a bunch of drawing changes and updates to make, since we're trying to wrap this project up... or at least we would be if the client would stop wanting to make big changes!
Anyhow, my last weekend off before school starts was a good one. We had small group Bible study Friday evening, which was awesome as usual! We got diverted from the topic at hand, but in a totally good way.
Saturday morning Bill and I headed over to Ft. Wayne, IN, to spend the day with my grandparents. We love going over there to see them, it's always so relaxing! We chatted a bit, had some lunch, played some games (well I did anyway, Bill sacked out on their couch to read for a while), and Bill even mowed their lawn for them. Towards evening we went to Bill's favorite restaurant for dinner - Triangle Park - and it was very delicious. We were glad we got there early; it was apparently prom night for some local high school, and the place filled up fast! It was fun seeing all the people dressed up. It appears that very bright colors (pink, green, orange) are in style this season. After dinner we visited with them a bit more then headed home.
Sunday morning was a busy morning at church for me; I was on duty for hospitality and it just seemed crazy for some reason! It was "grapes and cheese" Sunday (as we call it - we have grapes and cheese after church, bet ya couldn't have guessed that!) so there was more to do than a regular Sunday, but I'm always on duty for grapes and cheese Sunday. But I still love serving in that way, because everyone loves food and it's an easy way for me to help without a lot of extra time involvement.
Sunday afternoon after lunch we went to our friend Gwen's house to work on siding. We mowed her lawn for her first, since her riding mower is currently not working. We took our mower, so Bill used it and I used Gwen's walk-behind mower and we got it done in 30-45 minutes. It was extremely long and desperately needed it, so hopefully it was a good surprise for her when she got home from being gone all weekend. We spent the next hour or two doing siding then, and got the back most of the way finished, as well as a little more on the one side we had worked on last week. Bill decided to quit fairly early so he could mow our lawn, which was ok with me because I had laundry and other general stuff to do at home. At the end of the evening we watched a 2-hour Extreme Makeover: Home Edition from a few weeks ago (we're a little behind in our viewing). And that pretty much sums it up!
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment