Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Holiday Weekend Recap

Overall I'd say it was an enjoyable holiday weekend for us, though we didn't really do much different than a normal weekend!  Friday evening we hung out at home, and Bill planted more flowers in the front yard while I just hung out.  Saturday Bill had to work for most of the day, so I worked on my homework and got quite a bit done actually.  Saturday evening we went over to our friends Justin and Chelsea's house for a little while, since they called and asked if we wanted to. :-) Sunday Bill had to work in the morning until mid-afternoon.  My friend Luke from seminary was able to come to Findlay and visit my church since he had a break from his youth pastor duties, so he and another seminary friend and I all went to lunch at Cafe Marie after church.  We had some good discussion about church denominations, classes, and just stuff in general, so it was fun.  Sunday evening Bill had a meeting for church, so I took care of miscellaneous stuff I needed to do at home.

Yesterday we were both off work, so we slept in late, and then went to a friend's house to finish up our garage siding job there in the afternoon.  We did get a lot done, but unfortunately we didn't finish.  On the two non-peak sides of the garage, it's going to be difficult to get the last top piece in and secured.  The gap between the last row of siding and the top strip is not quite straight (though out siding is level!), and it's about 1/2" less than the height of a piece of siding.  So rather than tackle a bunch of annoying cuts like that, we just quit for the day.  We didn't do a whole lot yesterday evening.  Bill grilled some sausage for dinner, and then in the evening a friend came over and we sat and talked for quite a while.  After she went home we got in the hot tub for a little while, and that was about it.

No comments: