Sunday, May 17, 2009

Reading Recap

I know you're all expecting my usual "weekend recap" post, but there's really not much to recap about this weekend - I spent pretty much the whole weekend doing reading for school!

Yesterday I did all of my reading for Homiletics class, which turned out to be somewhat redundant.  We had reading assignments from 2 different books, and when one book is quoting the other you know it's repeat material!  I did gain some insights from the second book, but I'll admit I skimmed a lot of it because I had just read it in the first book.

Today I did as much as I could of the reading for Christian Worship.  And I say "as much as I could" not because I necessarily ran out of time, but because I was bored out of my mind!  The assigned sections of both books for that class were on the history of Protestant worship, and part way through the second one I realized I'm totally not paying attention to any of it and it's not sinking in because it's incredibly dry.  And since the prof said in class last week that he won't grade us all on the reading and it's merely for our knowledge, I think this is one assginment I'm definitely slacking off on, at least for this week.  I'm pretty sure it'll get more interesting in the future.

Aside from my readings, I did get to have dinner with Bill last night and tonight on his breaks from work.  Last night we went to Applebee's because he had a $10 off coupon to use, and he doesn't eat $10 worth when he goes there by himself.  Tonight we went to Stevi B's pizza buffet, mainly so we could play some ski-ball. :-) He's had to work the closing shift both days this weekend so I've had the afternoons and evenings to myself to get my reading done.

Sorry for the boring post, but it was a pretty uneventful weekend.  My life is back to the work/school routine, so you can expect some boring-ness from time to time. :-)

No comments: