Sunday, September 28, 2008

Strange coincidence?

Here's today's question of the day: aren't things that help your immune system not supposed to make you sick?

Given the high level of activity in my life, and my lack of paid sick time from work, I figured I'd try out one of those immune system boosting products I've seen on TV - DanActive.  You're supposed to drink a little bottle of it every day and it'll help your body keep good bacteria and fight bad bacteria.  I figured that sounded good and I'd give it a try.

Well, apparently my body doesn't quite work that way... I started drinking it on Friday, so today I had my 3rd little bottle.  This morning I woke up with a sore throat, and it didn't go away.  It's been getting worse all morning, and after church today I started sneezing a lot.  Now I'm to the point of feeling congested as well, and all I feel like doing is a whole lot of nothing.

I started on the Zicam regimen this afternoon so that if it is a cold of some sort hopefully it'll be shorter.  And yes mom, I am drinking lots of liquids!

This is just rather confusing to me that I appear to be getting sick as soon as I do something that's supposed to help strengthen my body's defences against disease.  It's kinda like a few years ago when I got the first flu shot I'd had in a number of years and 3 days later came down with a very nasty cold that kept me home sick from work for 2 days.  I don't know of anyone else who's been sick lately, so all I can figure is it's something with this DanActive, or else a very curious (and annoying) coincidence!

No comments: