This morning I went down to the kitchen to get my breakfast, and something caught my eye... there was a critter of some sort on top of our upper kitchen cabinets, right next to the back door! It was dark brown and its head was the size of a small golf ball. Its eyes were closed and it had little pointy ears. I didn't dare get any closer because I didn't want to wake the thing up if it was sleeping!
I quickly got my breakfast and came upstairs to wake Bill. I told him about it and he seemed confused but went down to look. He got a basket ready to catch the thing and used the broom to smack it off the cabinet. It fell to the counter, then to the floor - fortunately for us the thing was dead. First he said it was a mouse, but then when it fell to the floor it was on its back and it had wings - it was a bat! That was my first inkling when I saw it, but I thought that sounded outrageous.
We have no idea how a bat got in our house, especially a dead one! I asked the cats if they killed it and they didn't say one way or the other. Needless to say I'm a bit freaked out by this one!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment