Here's one of those situations that's just sorta odd, but in a good way (I think)...
There's a lady named Sherri who was (and is) at the previous engineering firm I worked for in Findlay. When we bought our house, she told me she grew up 4 doors down from us, and her parents still live there. Her parents (at least back then) cleaned the office every evening, so I'd seen them around there too.
Every now and then I contact someone from that company to say hi or share/receive general news. Today I was glad I had Sherri's email address.
This morning, Bill was getting things loaded in his car to go to Lima and work in his mom's yard, and he heard sirens. That's not infrequent, but when they stopped nearby he got curious. He went out to the end of the driveway to look, and paramedics and police car(s) were parked at Sherri's parents' house! He called me to tell me what was going on and ask if Sherri was online (she frequently is) but she wasn't. Bill saw the paramedics take a stretcher in to the house, but then had to leave.
I emailed Sherri to ask if everything was ok, and told her how there were paramedics at her parents' house. She wrote back saying she had no idea and would check into that. A little while later, I got an email from one of the secretaries there telling me Sherri was heading to the hospital where her mom was getting admitted.
I haven't heard any more than that at this point, and that was mid-morning. I'm hoping Sherri will send me an update at some point once they all figure out what's going on, but I also realize I'm really low on the priority list of people to inform of what's going on.
This whole situation is just kinda odd in my brain, the way the connections were made and everything. Bill happened to be home and outside; he realized that was Sherri's parents' house; he called me and I contacted Sherri; Sherri found out something's going on with her mom. I'm sure she would have found out what was going on after not too much longer, but I'm happy we could let her know so she could be with her parents during more of the situation.
Apparently it really is a small world... or at least Findlay's still a small town. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment