Yes, I'm pretty late doing my weekend recap, but it was a busy day at work today. There are a lot of drawings that need to get done this week, so I spent my day designing the electrical stuff at a barge dock!
Overall it was a fun weekend, with not so much homework as usual! Friday night we went to small group and stayed there til like 10:30pm - I think I was still awake at that point... :-) It went well, with good food and a bunch of discussion.
Saturday I did the usual laundry and homework. All I worked on was Discipleship homework, since that was really all I had to do. I got all of this week's assignments done on Saturday (except for responding to other people's online posts, which I finished up tonight), so that was awesome. Bill went to garage sales and the antique mall with his mom and older sister for most of the afternoon. I made cheesy potato casserole for dinner, and then we decided to see what our friends Jeff and Keli were doing that evening to hang out with them. Keli had been out shopping with another friend all day, and Jeff said the older 3 kids did a great job cleaning the house so they deserved Dietsch's ice cream - so we went along!
It was a nice day out, so I commented how it'd be fun to bike up to Jeff and Keli's (it's about 2.5 miles). Surprisingly, Bill said he'd bike with me! The last time he biked was to go downtown for the classic car show last August - about 10 blocks. But Saturday evening he did a really good job, and made it all the way there! On the way home we stopped riding and walked our bikes for a few blocks about 3/4 mile from home, but then rode the last leg.
Then Sunday morning, I decided to ride my bike to church again. We're still at the temporary location near the Findlay mall, so it's a 7.5-mile round trip by bike. I got a little tired on the way home, but I still had a ton of fun! I found it amusing that to drive there, I'd take 3 streets; to bike, I take 19! (I counted them on the way home.) I avoid riding main roads if at all possible, so I take the roundabout side street route. I think 12.5 miles of biking in about 18 hours was a bit much for me though... this morning I was a little sore, and working out tonight really didn't help that much!
Yesterday after church, we borrowed our friends' 8-year-old, Kyra. She's all geeked up on cleaning houses now, so she volunteered to clean ours! I said sure! We had mud on the floor in the kitchen, dining room, and living room, so she mopped that up. She also vacuumed the living room rugs and the stairs, plus she cleaned the toilets and sinks! She needed some assistance with things of course, but she seemed to have fun doing it. I gave her $2 for her trouble, which she was really excited about - she's saving up to get another Webkinz stuffed animal. After she was done cleaning, the three of us played Guitar Hero on the Wii for a little while then went outside to play. Kyra loves my tree swing, and then she went out in the field behind our yard to run around. We went next door and borrowed our neighbors' rottweiler puppy named Diesel, so Kyra and Diesel ran around a bunch, and Bill and Diesel wrestled. Jeff came to pick Kyra up in the late afternoon, even though she didn't want to go home!
I got a little more homework done (writing my final paper for Discipleship class) before Bill and I had some dinner. After that we went out the garage, and he did some organizing while I worked on painting the back to the new shelves for my office. I need to do another coat on it sometime soon, then we'll put the back on the rest of the shelves and bring it up! I'll definitely be taking (and posting) pictures when they're done, but for now I'll just say it's going to be the most awesomest shelving unit ever! :-)
We finished that in time to watch one of our favorite TV shows, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Bill even made chocolate chip cookies for us while we watched, yum!
And that brings me to today... I went to work, came home for lunch, went back to work, went to the gym and got more sore, came home and helped Bill do some freezer cleaning (it was getting bad!), had dinner, and worked some more on my Discipleship paper... which I should be getting back to now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment