Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend Recap

I'll be posting again shortly about my loooong Monday today, but here's the typical weekend recap post first, since these things should really be chronological, eh?

Friday night I was a bum and it was great!  I met Bill for dinner after work at Stevi B's (local pizza buffet), so we did our usual eat pizza then play some ski ball. We made some young girl's day by giving her all 58 of the tickets we won. :-) After that, I did some brief shopping (brief cuz my foot hurt) and then went home, sat on the couch with my foot up on the ice pack, and watched the movie National Treasure!  Yes, I know it came out years ago, but I am that behind the times.  Pretty good movie, definitely reminded me of the Da Vinci Code (but without the potential heresy of course).

Saturday morning I went in to work for an hour to help out a co-worker who tends to have difficulty uploading drawings for our clients to view.  It was easy and pretty quick, and still earned me an hour of overtime pay.  After that Bill and I hung out for a little while and had lunch before he had to go in to work.  During the afternoon, I got laundry done, did some necessary household chores, mostly memorized Jeremiah 31:33 in Hebrew (and can translate/parse all the words - for my Prophets final exam on Wed), and wrote my entire sermon for Tuesday's final exam!  I also had a chance to revise the sermon somewhat too.

Around 5:30pm, my mom arrived for our weekend of fun.  She got to check out our deck, pet the kitties a while (mostly Calli - she loves when "Grandma" brushes her!), then went out to dinner at Waldo Pepper's to have some awesome fettuccini Alfredo, and garlic bread, and salad!  After dinner we headed toward the University of Findlay to see the musical Cinderella.  The show was wonderful, definitely better than I had expected!  Our seats were 2nd row center, and very awesome; Mom always does such a great job getting us good seats for things!

Sunday morning Mom joined us for church, then took us out to lunch at Cafe Marie afterwards.  The waitress was surprised to see me on a Sunday, since typically when I go there it's Friday morning breakfast with the guys from work.  I ordered the same thing I always do though - scrambled eggs, hash browns, and wheat toast, with water (no lemon!) to drink.  Always the same thing, and always good. :-)

Sunday afternoon after Mom went home, I was able to finish up the remaining homework I needed to do and then I helped Bill on the deck a little.  We're so close to being done!  Just a little more skirting around the edge, a few caps on railing sections, and that's it!  Unfortunately that got my foot really hurting from being up and around so much, and we still had to take extra lumber back to Lowe's that night.  I made it though, and put ice on my foot once we got home and then soaked it (and the rest of me) in the hot tub for a little while before going to bed early.

And that was my weekend... read the next post for the story of my Monday!

No comments: