Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Foot update

For any inquiring minds who want to know, my foot injury (see yesterday's post) is doing better today. The swelling has gone down, though I'm still keeping it in the Ace wrap. It doesn't look quite so bruised either.  I'm still hobbling around though, since it continues to hurt when I bend it, but I can put a little more weight on it today.

It occurred to me yesterday that this is a lot like when I had soft tissue damage in the same foot about 8 1/2 years ago during my sophomore year of college.  That happened when I was sitting on a friend's bed dangling my foot down next to her recliner, and the person in the recliner (who I won't name ;) put the footrest down... with my right foot between the footrest and the body of the recliner.  The type and location of the pain now seems quite similar to that time.  Fortunately (knock on wood), this time I haven't gotten the stomach flu while not being able to run to a bathroom. :-)

So I feel like it is getting better, but I'll probably be hobbling for another few days. With any luck I'll have a chance to ice it tonight, since I didn't last night with the busyness of going to the seminary picnic followed by class.  Tonight I have prophets directed study at George House, so I just might take my ice pack there with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so glad it's better! Sylvia