Thursday, July 30, 2009

A bittersweet ending

Well, summer term 2009 of seminary is officially behind me now!  Tuesday night I presented a portion of my final exam sermon, and Wednesday night I aced my reading and translating of Jeremiah 31:33 from the Hebrew.

As much as I was looking forward to the end of Homiletics class (mainly due to the professor - many rants have been raved about him recently!), I'm currently feeling the let down of the term being over... and the milestone of being 2/3 of the way done with seminary.  It's definitely a bittersweet milestone; I'm excited that I've made it this far and for where I'm at in my studies, but at the same time the realization that I only have one year left has hit me pretty hard.

The seminary and the community of people there really mean a lot to me, because it's rare that I find so many people who share a common passion with me (though they're definitely lacking my passion for all things math related!).  Finding a few others who share my passion for Biblical languages (which I discovered in the last 2 years at seminary) has been totally awesome!  They are so encouraging and supportive of my skills and talents, and just keep encouraging me to continue studying and learning Greek and Hebrew even more.  It's a great feeling to be so loved and accepted in a body of believers who are like me in many ways and have similar goals.

Saturday morning I'm ushering at the seminary graduation ceremony, so we'll see how it goes... just have to stop myself from thinking too hard about how I'll be walking across that stage in a year!

As for grades this term, for those who are curious, my A in Prophets is secured, an A in Christian Worship is very likely, and Homiletics is anyone's guess.  Not having a clue how I did on the midterm or the final in Homiletics kinda leaves that up in the air, and my assignments during the term were anywhere from 83% to 100%, so we'll just have to wait and see on that one.

On that note, it's been a long day, so I think I need to get off the computer and head to bed.

No comments: