Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Weekend/Week Recap

Well since I'm not getting my weekend recap post out until Wednesday, I guess I'll include the first half of my week in it too! :)

It was a fairly busy weekend for me.  It started a little early when I left work at 4pm to meet up with some friends from our small group to go to a concert - Winter Jam in Ypsilanti, MI at the EMU Convocation Center. There ended up being 7 of us going, in 2 cars.  Overall, it was definitely a fun adventure of an evening!  There were no advance tickets and it was only $10 a person at the door, for some big name bands including Newsboys and Third Day (and a bunch of other bands).  When we got to the concert, the line outside the doors was huge - and I mean freakin' huge! Fortunately it was moving, and we were inside at 6:55, just before the main show started, though they already had bands performing.  As it turned out, they weren't counting how many people they let in the doors so they ran out of seats!  Our group ended up standing by a stairway to the upper level, but it was a totally awesome view of the stage.  We didn't see even individual seats open anywhere, so we just stayed there. Surprisingly, nobody ever told us to move since we were blocking the exit or whatever, either because they didn't care or they knew there was no place for us to move to!  But at any rate, it was a lot of fun.  The Newsboys show was the best of the night in my opinion, though it was no where near as good as when we saw them on the Go Tour we saw back in February 2007 in Cedarville, OH.  Third Day was good but not as good as I had expected, especially since I saw them in that same venue maybe 4 years ago.  Unfortunately I only got to hear a few songs from Fireflight, since they were one of the early acts and were playing as we walked in.  And, Tenth Avenue North only got to play like 3 songs, but at least they were good ones!  I ended up getting home from that at 12:30am, which is way later than I've been out for a long time!

Saturday morning I slept late, not getting out of bed until 11am. I felt like I could have slept longer but I knew I needed to get up. I had a fairly typical Saturday of doing laundry and homework. I got my big paper finished for Christian Leadership, and the theology paper that isn't technically due until April 8 now. Bill spent the day helping our friend Brandon blow insulation in his attics, and then do some surprise electrical wiring as well.

Sunday morning we went up to Toledo so I could play in the bell choir at my friend Linda's church there. The song went pretty well, at least with me counting measures under my breath for Linda who was standing next to me! She doesn't read music so it's been difficult for her to play at the right time without counting. But as long as she knows where we're at, she does great!  After church Bill took a look at an electrical problem Linda and her husband Jim had been having at the parsonage there, and he eventually determined they needed a new porch light fixture. So after lunch at Olive Garden with some other folks from the church, they picked out a new porch light and Bill installed it - in the chilly rain, with me holding his ladder, brr!  It was definitely fun to hang out with them for a little while though, and I'm glad Bill could fix their electrical issue.

After that we came back home and Bill went back to Brandon's to finish up some more wiring and I worked on some more homework and such at home. We worked on cleaning up our living room a bit more later that evening.

Monday evening we ended up spending a while digging our 8' tables out of the shed, taking them over to church, and cleaning them off.  Catalyst is having a Lord's Supper meal (a.k.a. a seder meal) on Friday evening, and they don't have enough tables for everyone who's coming so we took ours over. We realized Monday evening that we wouldn't have any more time this week that we're both available to do that (and carrying those heavy wooden tables with just one person is next to impossible!) so we went ahead and did all that so they're over there and ready. We also took down our Christmas lights, finally!  We hadn't had a time yet when we were both available and the weather was decent, but I'm glad we finally got them down and put away... just to put them back up in 7 months. :)

Tuesday was typical for me, with work and then class in the evening. I didn't go home in between for dinner though because I had arranged to take my theology final terminology exam at 5:30 to get it done.  So I got a sandwich at Subway on my way over there, took my exam, ate my dinner, and then had class. It was the last class of Christian Leadership, and I'm really glad that class is over with!  The prof now has a huge stack of a dozen or so 20+ page papers to read while he's on vacation from his church for the next month.

This evening I decided it was time I just relax for a while, so that's what I did. I painted my toenails in nice Easter-y colors so I can start wearing sandals now, I watched some TV, and I called my parents and talked to them for a while.  I had forgotten how nice it feels to relax! :) I intended to get some more living room cleaning done, but I decided those things (and writing this blog post) were more important priorities for the evening. I also intended to listen to the final theology lecture online tonight, but that didn't happen since it hadn't been uploaded yet, so I'll do that tomorrow.

And that pretty much sums it up! :)

No comments: