Thursday, March 4, 2010

Clothing Experiment Day #1

At work, there are 3 women (Pat, Rebecca, and me) and the rest are guys. Every so often it happens that one or two (or sometimes all 3) of us women wear the same color.  A while back there was a week when for 3 days in a row Rebecca and I wore the same colors as each other each day, completely unintentionally!

On Monday of this week, Pat and I both wore dark purple.  Yesterday, all three of us happened to be wearing a pinky-purple color.  So, Pat jokingly said it'd be funny if all three of us wore the same color every day for a while and see how long it would take any of the guys to notice and say anything!  We decided that's just what we should do, so Pat chose today's color (teal).  We all match quite well today, it's rather funny. :) Rebecca chose tomorrow's color (red) and tomorrow I'll get to choose Monday's.  I'm pretty sure nobody from work reads this blog, but if they do then I guess they know now - don't spoil it! :)

So besides just telling you this interesting experiment that we're doing, here's the question for you: how long do you think it'll take before any of the guys notice we're all wearing the same color as each other every day?  Will they notice at all?  Post a comment and tell me what you think! (If you're reading this via email or RSS reader, make sure you go to my blog site http://ktdid1.blogspot.com and leave me a comment.)

We're not sure how long we're going to keep this up yet, we'll just see how it goes I guess.  My prediction is that none of them will say anything until we start making obvious comments around them.  This morning we all complimented each other on wearing such a nice color, but not overtly within earshot of any of the guys.

Let the experiment begin! :)

4 comments:

Bill said...

I'm thinking it will take guys about 1 week - so by Thursday, March 11

Antonia said...

by next weds, march 10

Bill said...

Safe to assume on one has "discovered" this yet?

Katie said...

Nope, no discoveries yet! At least no one has made any comments. Interestingly, today even 2 of the guys wore the same color as us!