Just wanted to post a general recap on my life lately, so you don't think I've fallen off the face of the earth...
In short, life is nuts! Last week was pretty stressful for me, and this one will probably only be slightly better. I know tomorrow morning will be pretty crazy with getting a lot of urgent project stuff at work taken care of. Since Monday of last week I've worked about 9 hours of overtime! I don't usually work overtime during the school term because I just don't have time, but the work really needed to get done, and the extra money doesn't hurt either!
Speaking of extra money, our wall remodeling project that we started a few weeks ago has greatly expanded in scope. The wall (and ceiling near it) now has drywall up but no mud yet (hopefully it will tomorrow). Along with that for this project, we've gotten the new shower surround, need to replace a bathroom floor tile that got drilled through, added a ceiling fan in the living room, replaced the dining room ceiling fan, added a subpanel to our breaker box, did some re-wiring, got the stairway painted, and new carpet in the master bedroom and the stairway and landing area. The carpet is currently still in progress, and our friend Vernon (who has laid flooring professionally for 20+ years) has spent a lot of the weekend here working on that. Along with some of those other projects, we've added a few random holes in the living room and dining room ceilings, and the living room wall when the duct work fell apart when Bill tried to replace the vent in the wall we tore out.
The house in general is still a disaster area, though parts of it are now looking better. The bedroom is back to "normal" - finally, the "normal" that existed before we did the project on the other wall of our house, which started in September!! That means my office is back to normal too, because the clothing I couldn't have on my shelves in the bedroom was in piles there.
Life has been keeping me busy, between school (and some issues there with what one class was/is teaching), craziness and tight deadlines at work, at least % of our house being torn up and quite messy at any given time for the last 3 weeks, and everything else that happens in life. I've had 2 weeks this past month where my stress level has been high for the entire week. I really hope February is better! We have a few exciting weekends planned for February, so as long as my weeks go ok and I can still find time to get my school work done, it should be alright.
I'm not trying to be all depressing in this post, but life has just been stretching me to the max lately. It's one of those times in life where I have a ton of stuff I'd like to blog about but no time to write about it. Maybe someday I'll catch up on some of this stuff, but who knows...
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment