Thanks to the craziness of life, this is the first opportunity I've had to write my usual weekend recap post... and it's Wednesday evening, eek! I'm currently sitting at George House, a local coffee shop, writing this on my netbook computer. I probably should be reading more theology for school, but my exhausted brain needs a break.
The weekend started out normal enough, and I had a calm Friday evening at home. Bill had to work the closing shift and we didn't have small group meeting this past week, so I hung out at home. I did a little homework, watched some TV, and just relaxed a bit.
On Saturday I had some errands to run in the morning, and then my friend Karen drove to Findlay with her two kids, Aiden and Alea. It had been since the middle of November since we saw each other last, so it was great to spend time with her (and the kids) again! Bill had to work the closing shift again so he was on his way out as they were arriving. We had lunch together at home and then sat and chatted while the kids watched a video. I always enjoy times when we can catch up and encourage each other like that. :)
After Karen left I got busy with laundry and homework. the main homework I had to work on this past weekend was to get my 4-8 page paper written about last week's Theological Summit. It's not actually due until next week, but I find it's best to write it while the Summit is more fresh in my mind. Plus that way I'm done with it before regular classes start. I had a hard time getting going on my paper and struggled with that during the afternoon, so I did some of my other homework too - all classes have homework before we even meet! I met Bill for dinner that evening, and when I got home I had much better success with my paper and got it done. It was a productive evening!
Sunday morning I served on hospitality at church for the 3rd week in a row. I traded with another girl since she couldn't do it this week, but she can on the first weekend of February when I'll be preaching in Pennsylvania. It was a busy morning with that and I do enjoy it, although I'll admit I'm looking forward to not serving in that manner this Sunday!
After church we had a quick lunch and then got going on the project of the day - discovering the extent of the water damage in the east wall of our living room (the opposite side of the room from the stairs, where we've been fixing the wall since mid-September). Shortly I'll be writing a separate post about that project, but suffice it to say here that it was worse than we had expected! I spent the late afternoon at George House studying since I couldn't stay in the house any more, and then spent time with my friend Jena at her house all evening.
Monday had some interesting events of its own, and I'll save those for another post as well. Tuesday was busy with my first class of the term in the evening, and then more on the remodeling project. Work has been pretty busy this week for me, and on Monday I think I had projects I was working on for 5 different people in the office! That has calmed down significantly now, but there's still a lot to be done. So far today has been relatively uneventful, which is good.
The funny thing that happened today was that my friend Jaime and I had planned to meet for lunch, like we've done several times before. Every time before we went to the Spaghetti Shop restaurant, but this time we had decided to meet at Pizza Hut instead. Well my very tired brain completely forgot about the switch in restaurants, so I went to the Spaghetti Shop and had my food all ordered when she texted me that she was at the restaurant... and then it clicked! Fortunately she was willing to come to the Spaghetti Shop and that worked out ok.
I feel like a ton more than what I'm writing has happened in the last few days, but I'll put that stuff in other posts, so look for those shortly...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment