It was a busy weekend, followed by a pretty busy Monday thus far, so here goes on the update!
Friday night we had a small group meeting, which was good as always. Food, hanging out with friends, and some Bible study in the book of Acts... what's not to love? :)
Saturday Bill was off work at Lowe's but spent the morning and afternoon helping our friends Justin and Chelsea continue to remodel their bathroom. I think they're getting close to being done, at least with the big stuff. The only "big" thing left to do is the floor - they're installing a heated floor of ceramic tile. But they're at least happy they can bathe in their house now!
I spent Saturday morning and afternoon doing my usual stuff - laundry, chores, and homework! I spent most of the day writing my doctrinal statement paper for Theology class, on the doctrine of God. It was a little more difficult than I had expected but only because I had a hard time finding sources that were directly related to the topics at hand, but overall I think (and hope) it turned out ok. Fortunately my prof grades with grace. :) I also did other assignments for Supervised Ministry and got some of my reading for Theology completed.
In the evening, Bill and I were really productive. He had gotten some yard work done in the late afternoon while I was finishing up homework. We had dinner with friends at the Coney Island restaurant at the mall, and then came home and got to work on various cleaning and such. We found the laundry room floor (it had been missing for a while under a lot of stuff!) and did some good cleaning in there. I swept and mopped in the living room and dining room too, and we did some general straightening up of stuff. After an hour or so of work, it felt like a completely different house... well, downstairs at least! It's such a good feeling to have a clean house. So good, in fact, that we decided to play Guitar Hero for a little while, which was a bunch of fun since Bill and I hadn't played it together in a while.
Sunday morning was church as usual, and both Bill and I helped with the children's ministry. He was the helper for the 1- to 4-year-olds, and I helped with the 5- to 10-year-olds. I hadn't helped with that group before, but it was definitely fun! Their memory verse for the next month or two is the Lord's Prayer, and they're teaching it with motions, like hopping on one foot, jumping jacks, etc for the different phrases to help them stick. It was quite fun - get an aerobic workout while memorizing Scripture! :)
We headed home shortly after church to get ready for the Team Leaders meeting, which we were hosting at our house. Bill made a ham, and everything else brought various sides and dessert. I think it was the largest indoor party we've ever hosted - 8 adults and 6 kids! We got started late since our pastor got held up at church for an hour longer than expected, but we all just hung out until he (and the lady who was watching his girls while his wife went home with their newborn) arrived. The meeting was fairly productive, and the kids were mostly well-behaved while watching a movie in our bedroom while we all met in the living room.
After that we had a little over an hour until meeting Bill's family to celebrate his mom's birthday. Her birthday was actually last week Monday, but this was the first time all of our schedules aligned. Bill's mom and two sisters drove up to Findlay and met us at Cheddar's for dinner, and it was good! I wasn't all that hungry since we didn't eat lunch until almost 2:30, and dinner was around 6:30, so I had a Caesar salad and a bowl of potato soup.
After dinner they stopped by our house for a little while, and Susan and I played some Wii since she wanted to try out Wii Sports Resort, which I got for my birthday this year. By the time they left it was basically our bedtime, so that's where we headed.
My day today started later than it should have, since something went wrong with my alarm (most likely human error of not turning it on!) and I didn't wake up until 7:25! Fortunately I then went into adrenaline-mode and got a shower and breakfast and still made it to work by 8:00, phew! Today was a pretty good day at work and I definitely had plenty to work on. This evening I've been taking care of a bunch of random stuff that needed to get done, including finishing up my last bit of Theology reading for the week and writing this blog post. :)
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment