Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend Recap

Well it was a long weekend, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!  Sleeping in until at least 9am every day was completely awesome!!

Wednesday night before the long weekend I didn't have my usual women's Bible study, since basically everyone was either traveling or preparing for Thanksgiving.  So Bill and I spent the night getting stuff ready around our house.  I did a ton of cleaning in the kitchen and some in the dining room and living room, while he put up our Christmas village on top of the entertainment center, complete with a new support board which he wired up for all the little lights.

Thursday was a pretty relaxing day for us.  We slept in late, had blueberry muffins for brunch, set up our outdoor nativity scene, and did some preparations for the Thanksgiving meal - like set the table with the china, silver, and crystal, and peel 15 lbs of potatoes!  We had our usual family crowd come in late afternoon... Bill's mom and two sisters, my parents, my grandma, my brother, his wife, and her mom.  Our menu this year was ham, mashed potatoes (tons of them!), green bean casserole, apple salad, broccoli cauliflower salad, and homemade bread with pecan pie and pumpkin cake for dessert.  I think the meal went quite well, and everyone seemed to enjoy it.




Thursday night after dinner, Bill's mom and sister Susan stayed over at our house so they could get up early for Black Friday shopping in the morning.  They got up at 3am Friday morning (or Thursday night??) and got a ton of shopping done.  I met them around 10am for breakfast, and then we came home.  Bill took a nap for just over half an hour, since he had to go to work at 12:30pm.  He worked til 9:30pm that night, and then did a "turn and burn" - going in to work at 7am on Saturday!  Needless to say he was chugging the coffee on Saturday.  I think he's just about caught up on sleep now.

Friday I spent the afternoon and evening cleaning some stuff up after Thanksgiving, and doing homework.  Normally I don't do homework on Fridays, but this was a special circumstance since I wanted to get stuff done, plus I was off work.  It was a pretty lazy day for me.

Saturday while Bill was at work I finished up the rest of my homework for the term!  This coming week is my last week of classes, but I was still excited to be done with everything early.  When Bill got home from work, we took care of some stuff that needed done, and then put up the Christmas tree.



Sunday was a fairly busy day for me, but it was a fun busy.  After church in the morning, Bill had to work for the rest of the day.  I came home and had some lunch, took care of a few things, then headed out on some errands. A lot of my errands were things I had been meaning to do for a while but hadn't gotten around to.  I think I went to like 6 stores, plus had dinner with Bill, and dropped off a computer at a friend's place.  After that I came home to listen to my friend Jason's radio show from 7-8pm, since he didn't play my requested song last week and promised he would this week, plus 2 other friends were his guests on the show to discuss their ministry and their new book.

One more picture to wrap up this post - Calli being cute under our Christmas tree:



So, back to "real" life today.  One more busy week of classes and such and then I'm on break from school until early January!  As much as I love classes and homework, I am looking forward to the break.

No comments: