It's hard to believe it's already the end of the weekend! For some reason it seems like this one went really fast.
Friday evening I had dinner at Oler's (local Mexican restaurant with a lot of character) with some of the usual Friday evening small group crowd. Normally we meet on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month, so whenever there's a 5th Friday we try and do something fun together. Dinner was great, had a lot of good laughs and just generally fun discussion - I even got to talk Hebrew with a fellow seminary student! After we were done eating we wanted to keep hanging out but didn't want to stay there (people were waiting for tables) so I invited them to our house. They came over and we ended up playing Guitar Hero for nearly a couple hours, it was tons of fun! Out of the 6 of us, only myself and one other girl had ever played it before, but everyone else did great getting the hang of it. We finally quit about 10pm after Bill had come home from work and was pretty tired.
Saturday Bill worked the early shift at Lowe's, so I leisurely got up and did laundry and homework. After he got off work, we had dinner then got started on putting up our Christmas lights! Yes, we put up Christmas lights on Halloween... we've done that before, oddly enough. This time it was mainly because my schedule, Bill's schedule, and the weather cooperated! We always put up our lights early because it's so much more fun when it's not freezing outside, but we don't turn them on until Thanksgiving night. This year we definitely have less than last year's 7000+ lights, mostly because we don't have the evergreen bushes along the driveway to put net lights on anymore and we didn't feel like doing the big front peak of the house this year cuz it's a pain to put the ladder on the porch roof for that. So we used our extra net lights to just hang on the porch railing, and those sure went up quick! Our neighbor came out for a little while and told us it looked great, so now we just have to wait a little less than a month to actually turn them on again. :)
Halloween was basically a non-holiday for us this year. Findlay's trick-or-treating is always the Thursday before Halloween (I can't figure that out - why don't people just trick-or-treat *on* Halloween like you're supposed to ?!?) and I have class on Thursday evenings. Bill decided not to hand out candy this year, so we really didn't do anything then. None of our friends were having Halloween parties or anything, so we really didn't celebrate at all. And on actual Halloween it was just a normal Saturday for us, nothing too special there. Definitely a bummer since I enjoy Halloween, but maybe next year I'll be able to hand out candy at least...
Today I had a busy morning at church with serving on hospitality and also training someone new for it. Afterward I grabbed a quick lunch then did the rest of my reading for Theology class. My parents arrived for a visit around 3:30pm and stayed til just after 7pm tonight. It was great to see them, since it had been a while, especially since I saw my mom. We had fun just chatting, and then Daddy helped fix my bike - it was having a strange issue on the way home from church this morning, tightening up when I tried to turn left. Looks like it was just some dirt and minor rust on one part, and I think we fixed it with a bit of cleaning and some WD-40. Considering I've basically never done any maintenance to my 16-year-old bike, that's not very surprising! I had a tune up done to it once back in 2004 and put new tires on it about that same time, but that's pretty much it. He also found and fixed my rear brakes since they were having a minor issue, not that I cared too much since I don't normally use them (just the front brakes) but it's probably better that they're working right. I'll see how it's doing Tuesday when I ride to class.
Bill got off work at 5pm, so he came home and then my parents took us out to dinner at Steak 'n Shake. Mmm... milkshakes... cheese fries... it was a lovely meal, even if the service was a bit on the slow side. We came back to the house and chatted a bit more, and then it was about time for them to head out. Our friend Justin had come over to help Bill load up some tools, since Bill's helping Justin and his wife Chelsea a lot over the next couple days with remodeling their bathroom. It's a labor exchange thing.... they helped with our deck over the summer plus with our big wall project a lot, so Bill's helping with their bathroom.
So that left me to just hang out at home - yay! :) I finished all of my homework for the week already and I'm not motivated enough to start a relatively deep Theology paper due the following Tuesday at this time on a Sunday evening, so I listened to my friend Jason's radio program (Do Not Keep Silent, every Sun 7-8pm on WXML 90.1 Upper Sandusky, OH), took care of some random things I needed to do, and wrote this blog entry.
And that pretty much sums it up! Another week is ahead with all of the usual craziness of my life...
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment