Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Concert at the Fair

It just occurred to me that I was going to post about my Monday evening, but never got around to it yet!  Well, no time like the present, eh?

Toward the end of last week, our friend/house guest Luke mentioned how some Christian rock bands were going to be playing Monday evening at the Allen County Fair in Lima.  It was going to be This Beautiful Republic (heard of them, don't really like them), BarlowGirl (definitely enjoy their music), Thousand Foot Krutch (enjoy their music too), and Red (I like their music and never knew it was them).  Tickets were $18 (plus $6 fair admission), so we decided that'd be fun, and ordered tickets on Sunday for me, Bill, and Luke.  Sunday evening and all day Monday I tried to find someone else to go with us so Luke didn't feel third-wheel-ish, but out of 4 people interested, none could go!  So it was just the 3 of us.

We left right after I got off work, and had dinner at the Elida Band Boosters tent - Bill's alma mater high school.  Apparently the same lady was working the cash register as always did many years ago!

We walked around the fair a bit before heading into the concert.  When picking up our tickets, we were bummed to find out that Thousand Foot Krutch wasn't going to be there - apparently their lead singer was hospitalized the night before!  They had a band out of Columbus play instead, called House of Heroes.  Our seating choices for the concert were either none (stand on the track closest to the stage), or bleachers in the grandstand.  We chose the back row of bleachers so we'd have the railing to lean on.  After all, we were probably about 10 years older than most of the crowd there!

We sat through This Beautiful Republic.  Luke liked it alright, I thought it was tolerable, and Bill was bored out of his mind.  We decided to walk around the fair and get some ice cream during House of Heroes, and we came back for Barlow Girl.  Barlow Girl totally rocked, they played some awesome new songs that make me want to get their new CD when it comes out in a couple weeks!  Red came on about 9:30 or so, and Bill decided he'd rather walk around the fair than listen to them, since they are more hard rock than he prefers.  Luke and I stayed at the concert until about 10:15 when I started getting pretty tired, since normally I'm in bed by then!  We ended up getting home about 11pm, and I'm still tired from being up later than normal!

Overall it was a really fun evening though, just hanging out and all that too besides the concert.

No comments: