Friday, August 21, 2009

Birthday week recap

It occurred to me that I never blogged about how my birthday went this past Tuesday... oops! :) So I'll give you a recap of the whole week, just for kicks.

Monday evening we helped our friend Julie move her stuff.  We helped her move out of her apartment a couple weeks ago, and at that time we took her stuff wherever we could find on short notice - some in a garage, and the rest in the attic of a garage.  But, those were just temporary locations, so now that it's becoming clear that Julie won't have another place of her own for a while, it was time to find more permanent storage.  A couple from our church has a back room in their basement which looked to fit the bill for this, so the two of them, us, and Julie got basically all her stuff moved that evening.  We hit a little snag when the torrential downpour came through, but I don't think anything got damaged, we just got a little wet!

Tuesday for my birthday I brought homemade peanut blossom cookies to work.  I brought probably 2-3 dozen of them in, and they were gone by 11am!  Apparently the guys liked them, even though the secretary seemed disappointed I didn't bring something else in.  After work, Bill and I went out to dinner at the Olive Garden for our usual salad, breadsticks, and dessert.  It was quite good, and we even managed to evenly split one of the torta di chocolate desserts. :-) After dinner we went home to watch a movie I had rented.  It turned out to be very odd, and I definitely wouldn't recommend it, so much so that I'm not even going to bother mentioning the name!  Unfortunately, after dinner I started to get a headache, and the Excedrin I took before starting the movie didn't help much, so that was pretty much the evening.  We had asked Luke (our house guest for the last few weeks) to disappear for the evening to spare him being a 3rd wheel, so he did a double feature at the local doller theater.  Maybe one of these days Bill and I can have a re-do of a birthday evening without the headache!

Bill did awesome in choosing birthday gifts for me this year.  He got me the Tanakh Hebrew-English Bible I had really been wanting (which my brother's mother-in-law had gotten for me too, oops!), 2 more Wii MotionPlus controller things so we can play Wii Sports Resort with up to 4 people, and a really cool lamp with a frog as the base.

Wednesday evening my big event of the evening (after dinner and skee ball with Bill and Luke at the local pizza buffet) was cleaning my office at home.  My table and desk had gotten quite cluttered, not to mention the corner by the closet that hadn't been cleaned up in forever!  After about an hour or so worth of work, the room is looking habitable again, and I don't have to keep piling stuff on top of other stuff on my table anymore!  Surprisingly, I only filled part of a big black garbage bag; most of it was just getting stuff put away where it belonged.

Last night my friend Donna from church came over for the evening.  She and I both enjoy video games, and after having a video game evening during my last school break in April, we decided to do it again!  I made us sloppy jo's (my mom's recipe) for dinner, and then we spent over 2 hours playing Wii Sports Resort.  There are a ton of great games in that, it's really awesome!  We discovered she's really good at wake boarding, and I'm pretty good at archery - neither of which are true in real life, only on the Wii apparently!  But even when we did terrible at the games, we still had a great time.

So far today I've had a good meal day - breakfast at Cracker Barrel with the guys from work this morning, then I met up with my friend Kimberly at La Charrita (Mexican) for lunch.  Dinner tonight will be Padrone's pizza at small group Bible study.  Yum!

No comments: