Thursday, June 4, 2009

The random stuff of life

Today has been one of those days where I feel like I have a bunch of random stuff going on!  Let me recap, partially for the interest of whoever reads this blog but more so for my own sanity...
  • Our 2-1/2-year-old refrigerator is dying. I had noticed it not cooling well lately, and as of this morning it was at 50 degrees - yikes!  Bill did some checking over his afternoon break and found out that no one in Findlay services Samsung appliances.  He found a repair person in Perrysburg who will come down this evening to take a look at it.  As long as it's less than the cost of a new fridge, we'll get it fixed, but unexpected expenses like this are just annoying.  Naturally, it's out of warranty, and Bill just got groceries yesterday - including 4 gallons of milk and a bunch of yogurt.  At least our big deep freeze is still ok... <knock on wood>
  • I feel like I've become the coordinator for our Thursday dinnertime Greek reading group, and it's been interesting to make sure we have at least a few people so we can meet.  We've had to skip the last 2 weeks because half the group (2 people) couldn't make it, but I think we're meeting today - 2 people might be late, 2 are confirmed, and one is awol and hasn't replied to email or text messages.
  • There's a long story behind this one, but the short version is that between me and another seminary student, we need to have 100 copies of a flier ready and at the seminary by tomorrow morning (just found that out between last night and this morning). Fortunately I was able to upload the document to Staples.com and she'll pick them up tonight.
  • I feel like I have some homework craziness lately. Tuesday evening we found out that our assignment for next Tues is to write a full sermon, and we're not allowed to recycle anything we've preached before. I had class last night, class tonight, Bible study tomorrow night, and a wedding and reception to go to on Saturday. Plus a bunch of reading to do in there somewhere.
I think that's it... that's enough for one day, eh?  Especially when I'm trying to get work done at work too!  So I'd better get my brain in gear and get back to that for the next 45 minutes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,

I'll be praying for you. Sorry Life is happening so much right now! I was wanting to talk to you about doing lunch again soon too.

Love and Prayers!
Karen