It's a good thing I have friends who keep me on top of things, or all you readers may not have gotten a "weekend recap" post from me! :-) It was a very uneventful weekend, so there's not much to post about really.
Friday Bill was off work and helping his mom with stuff in Lima, so for dinner I met him with him, his mom, and his older sister in Ottawa at Henry's restaurant, which is a favorite of all of us I believe. It turned out that his mom and sister needed to come to Findlay anyway to drop off their recently busted lawn mower, but it worked out to keep with the original plan anyway. In the evening, Bill and I decided it was a good night for an ice cream cone, so we walked up to Dietsch's. If you walk a mile round trip it cancels out any negative health effects of the ice cream, right? :-)
Saturday morning we slept in and were generally lazy. Bill went to work at 1pm and I started in on homework and laundry. Spent a little time on the porch with Calli, but I had a bunch of "inside" work to do too.
Sunday Bill had to work again at 1pm, so after church we grabbed a quick lunch and he headed off. I did more homework, and actually got caught up around mid-afternoon! I'm done with all my assignments for this week, and there's not much due the following week... that I know of, anyway. My Homiletics prof seems to enjoy springing things on us without much preparation time, but that's another story.
Sunday evening I met Bill at Applebee's for dinner during his meal break from work. He was about 30 min late getting off for break since he was cutting a big wire order, so I was feeling a little stood up when he didn't show and I didn't know why - no answer on his cell, and when I called his department they said he was on break! But then he showed up and all was well, except he missed out on a couple mozzarella sticks because he made me wait. :-) We had a $10 off coupon that needed used, so between that and their "2 for $20" meal deal, it was a fairly cheap dinner. After that I went to Kohl's to pick up a few things since I got a 20% off coupon good for this weekend. I needed a new chain for my cross necklace, since the old one was getting really tarnished. Since I've gone thru 2 chains in a year I figured I'd spend a bit more and get one that will last much longer. I still had a store credit to use from Christmas, so between that and their sales, I got a $150 chain for around $25! Gotta love that.
After that I did a little more homework, and Bill got off work a little early so we had a little time in the hot tub. And that was the weekend!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment