Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Grand Cayman

Today we're docked at Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands.  Bill and I didn't have any excursions planned for this port, so we slept in.  I think we got up around 9:30am, leisurely got ready, and had breakfast outside on the 15th deck.  We then went into the island, mainly just to say we had been there.  The ship had to "park" far from the island so we had to tender in, which basically means getting in smaller boats off the big ship which take you to smaller docks at the island.  The water down here is so beautiful - a deep blue out in the ocean, and a beautiful turquoise closer to land!

In town we did a little shopping, but really didn't buy much - Bill got a new book to read, and we bought a magnet.  We looked at some jewelry but didn't buy anything.  I'm still on the hunt for small sapphire (deep blue) earring studs, but no one has had them for a price I'm willing to pay.  But tomorrow Mom and I are going to spend the day shopping in Cozumel, Mexico, so hopefully I'll be able to find some there.

After our shopping we came back and had lunch, then spent an hour or so by one of the pools.  We were in the hot tub for a while, then I watched Bill playing in the regular pool with some kids.  Once I got warm I laid out in the sun for a while - very delightful!  It was nice to just sit and soak in the rays.  I don't know if I'll get enough sun to have a tan when I get home or not, but I'm sure enjoying it at any rate!

I just finished the responses to other people's postings for my online Discipleship class for this week, so I figured I'd post a couple blog entries while I'm in the main atrium of the ship with my laptop.  We still have about 80 minutes of Internet that we've already paid for to use the rest of the week.  I think I'll do a little more studying before going back to the room.  I want to keep working on Hebrew, and I should do some studying for the Studies in Paul midterm.  The rest of the class is taking it tonight, but I'll be taking it Monday after we return to the "real" world.

No comments: